Now we are going to learn a little bit more about the hardware components of a computer
Before i explain every hardware part of the pc try to guess the name of the hardware that has a number.
1. The Case: The case can be compared to your own house. The case ensures that all components of the PC stay together well and are also safe from outside dangers. Just think of spilling some water, static electricity,…
2. The Processor/CPU: The CPU or processor of a computer is seen as the brain of the device. This part is responsible for calculating information. It is a very important part of the computer and very often small in size. The CPU fits exactly into the corresponding socket on the motherboard.
3. The motherboard: The motherboard serves as a platform to connect all the components of a computer. It connects the CPU, memory, hard drives, optical drives, …. This can be seen as the backbone of a computer.
4. CPU cooling: A processor wouldn’t work properly without some sort of cooling device. This is placed on top of the CPU chipset
5. Power Supply: This component provides power for all components in the computer. Different connectors with a difference in current strength are attached to the power supply. The most common are 3.3V,5V,12V.
6. RAM: RAM stands for “Random Access Memory”. This memory allows the computer to run processes, therefore the more RAM your computer has, the more processes it can complete at once and the faster it can complete them. All information in RAM disappears when the computer is turned off. Every motherboard can use a certain kind of RAM, the different kinds are DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and the new generation are DDR4 and DDR5.
7. Graphics card: GPU(Graphics Processing Unit), it enables the computer to display images on the screen. The video card is connected to the motherboard. Video cards have different specifications and capabilities. If you use the computer to edit photos and videos or to play games, you need a more expensive video card with higher specifications. In the world of graphics cards there are 2 major players Nvidia and AMD.
8. Storage Systems: The most used drives are currently the HDD or Hard Disk Drive and SSD Solid State Drive. The difference is that SSDs can read/write much faster than HDDs, but are therefore more expensive in price. You connect this to the computer with the SATA ports.
So now you know about all the components needed to run a computer.