Are you ready to take your Java skills to the next level? Our comprehensive e-learning course, Java Advanced, is specifically designed to build upon the solid foundation established in our Java Beginners course. With a focus on mastery, this course will empower you to become a Java expert by delving into advanced topics and techniques.
In Java Advanced, we dive into the complex world of Generics, Collections, Lambda expressions and Functional Interfaces, Streams, IO (and nio2), Modules, Command-line usage, and Concurrency. Through concise and practical lessons, you’ll learn how to leverage these powerful features effectively, unlocking new possibilities and enhancing your Java applications.
- Find out about Generics, and how they enable you to write type-safe and reusable code.
- Harness the full potential of Collections, exploring various data structures and their optimal usage scenarios.
- Unleash the power of Lambdas and try out functional programming in Java, transforming the way you write code to be more concise and expressive.
- Streamline your application’s data processing with the Streams API, achieving efficient and elegant solutions.
- Master Java’s I/O API to read from and write to files on the operating system seamlessly, and learn what is meant by serialisation and deserialisation of Java objects.
- Explore Annotations and their role in adding metadata and behaviour to your Java code.
- Navigate the command-line environment to compile, package, and run your Java applications, including modular applications.
- Conquer Concurrency, giving you the power to create multithreaded applications with confidence, while learning about what it means to write thread-safe code.
Our course features a blend of engaging instructional content, hands-on exercises, and real-world examples to maximise your learning experience. Whether you aspire to advance your career or enhance your Java development skills, Java Advanced is your gateway to mastering the art of Java programming.
What You Will Need
Before enrolling, it is essential that you meet the following course prerequisites:
- JDK 11 (or higher)
You must have Java Development Kit (JDK) 11 or a newer version installed on your machine. The JDK provides the necessary tools, libraries, and runtime environment to develop and run Java applications. It is important to have the appropriate JDK version to ensure compatibility with the course materials and exercises.
- Java for Beginners (or equivalent)
It is highly recommended that you have completed our “Java for Beginners” course or possess equivalent knowledge. This ensures that you have a solid understanding of the foundational concepts of Java programming, including variables, data types, control structures, loops, methods, and object-oriented principles.
- IDE Proficiency
You should be comfortable using a Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, or NetBeans. Familiarity with basic tasks within the IDE, such as creating projects, editing code, compiling, and running programs, will be beneficial throughout the course.
You should be able to perform basic Git operations such as committing changes, cloning a repository, creating branches, and pushing code to a remote repository. Additionally, having a GitHub or GitLab account will enable you to collaborate on projects and showcase your work.